Best Car Air Purifier Canada. With so much time spent in your vehicle, you’ll want to provide yourself and your passengers with the best air quality possible, especially during those grueling allergy-ridden days when you just can’t catch a break between sneezing and blowing your nose. Air purifiers are a great solution for better air quality. Check out the best car air purifiers we’ve picked out.
Best Budget Car Air Purifier Canada
Let’s discuss about the Benefits of Using a Car Air Purifier firstly, Keeping everything concise.
- Reduce air particles and allergens. The main goal of an air purifier is to make the air you breathe in healthy and clean. Most systems can clean the indoor air in your car by 99.97%.
- Make breathing easier. People with respiratory problems, such as chronic bronchitis or emphysema, will notice a difference in the quality of air inside their vehicle. You don’t have to have a severe illness to notice a difference. When there is clean air, there is clean air.
- Reduce bacteria. Do you ever have a year where you are constantly getting sick, just one time after another? You may never think your car would have something to do with it. If so, you’d be wrong. The average American spends 293 hours in their car in one year. That’s a lot of build-up of bacteria if you don’t give your car a regular cleaning.
- Reduce odor. Most car air purifiers have been shown to reduce cigarette odors, pet odors, food odors, new car smell, etc. Ionic purifiers have shown the most improvement in odor elimination versus the HEPA systems.
- Low maintenance. Ionic purifiers don’t have a filter, so you won’t need to regularly check to make sure your purifier is still doing its job. Some do have a metal plate that catches the particles, which will need to be cleaned, but you won’t usually find this in air purifiers for your car. HEPA air purifiers will most likely have a filter that may need to be changed every couple of months to a year.
Types of Car Air Purifiers:
HEPA: HEPA air purifier systems pass air through small physical filters that collect dust, allergens, pet dander, and most other airborne contaminants. After circulating through the system, it pushes out the clean air. With HEPA air purifier systems, you will have to occasionally change the filter, depending on how long the machine runs and its size.
Ionic: Ionizers work a little differently. They don’t necessarily filter the air in the same manner as HEPA systems. Ionic air purifiers release electrically charged ions that attach to particles within your car and make them too heavy to keep floating around. With ionic systems, you will notice you’ll probably have to vacuum a little bit more often. Once the particles drop from the weight of the ions, they have to go somewhere and that is usually on the indoor floor, walls, or plate inside the purifier.
HOMPO Portable Car Air Purifier Canada
Special Key Features
- car air purifier produces 10 million negative anions/cm³, the negative ion can quickly kill all kinds of bacteria and germs, and automatically remove dust, smoke, odors, pm2.5, pollen, formaldehyde, benzene, etc. from the air.
- Fashionable tumbler design allows it to fit in any standard cup holder perfectly and steadily, compact size is quite convenient to carry.
- Traditional filter purifiers can only adsorb sundries and need to change filters regularly. But HOMPO air purifier chemically electrolysis odors and harmful substances, no pollution, no consumables.
- No need to change filter is a great way for family to save money!
Ionic Car Air Purifier Premium Air Ionizer & Car Charger
Special Key Features
- Effectively removes airborne pollutants such as dust, pollen, allergens, bacteria, viruses, and atmospheric particulate matter.
- multi-needlepoint ionization to achieve this higher output and air purification efficiency
- The only model in the market with a USB 3.0 port to quick charge smart devices lightning fast.
- Plugin the unit into the 12v outlet and let it run silently in the background to purify your vehicle cabin. Another benefit of our ionizer is that it does not require any filter changes or maintenance! No extra costs, no future hassle!
- Past the 30 day return window? No problem! Includes limited 1 year warranty from the date of purchase
Portable With Hepa filter Car and Desk Air Purifier Canada
Special Key Features
- Creates a restful and soothing environment without disturbing your sleeping, learning, and working.
- Built-in scented cotton or dropping your favorite aromatherapy oil on the sponge at the bottom of the filter to send out the most comfortable air.
- Convenient: Portable design so you can bring it to anywhere you want such as in car, office, bathroom, night table.
- Multi-functions: Additional USB output for multi-devices charging while purifying. It can be used to charge cellphones as well as other electronic devices at the same time.
What Others are reading?
Buying Guide For Best Car Air Purifier Canada
Car air purifiers usually have a light sensor system that will tell you the quality of the air inside your car at a specific time—green meaning good quality, orange/yellow meaning fair, and red meaning poor.
Three-Part Filtration Process
HEPA car air purifiers will most likely have a three-part filter system. The pre-filter will catch larger particles such as dog hair and dust. The second filter catches gasses and odors. The third, the HEPA filter, will catch small and ultra-small allergens, viruses, bacteria, and micro-sized dust. This process leads to a reduction in allergens, irritants, and bacteria.
Both ionic and HEPA car air purifiers have an automatic shutoff timer or sensor. Some will turn off after two hours, and some will shut off with your car. Once you plug it in for the first time, you won’t have to worry if it’s draining your battery.
It’s very difficult to keep a car clean. After you throw in kids, dogs, road trips, fast food, and smoke, it can build up and start to smell a little funky. Unlike air fresheners which mask the smell, a car air purifier can reduce the smell and even eliminate it.
If you have a small vehicle with space already limited, having a larger purifier might deter you. Because they make so many different models and sizes, make sure you check which one would be right for you. There are some you can just plug into your cigarette lighter, and there are some that sit on the dash.
Car Air Purifier Question/Answers
Q: What happens if the filters aren’t changed?
A: Leaving the filters in the machine for too long could result in very poor air quality. The allergens, hair, and other things won’t go through the machine as intended, leaving most of what the purifier is supposed to catch still floating around.
Q: Can filters be reused?
A: It is not recommended to reuse any filter for in-car air purification systems. The filters are disposable and only intended to last a certain amount of time. Using it more than once can affect the quality of the air, in a negative way. Some machines won’t even let you reuse a filter.
Q: My car has a cabin air filter. Is it necessary to have an air purifier as well?
A: While your car air filter does a good job at cleaning the outdoor air as it comes into the cabin of the vehicle, it might not get rid of odors and other small bacteria and dust mites. In-car air purification systems can remove more than just dust and smog from the outside.
Q: Will the purifier continue to run after my car is shut off?
A: Most car air purifiers have an automatic shut-off time. Since the majority of car air purifiers are connected to your battery, they will shut off as soon as the car is turned off. With (AA or AAA) battery-operated car air purifiers, it could be a different story. You might want to check if they are on a timer or if you have to manually shut them off before buying a battery-operated purifier.